Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sept 11 2009


Dad is getting ready to go hunting, he has his gun and vest out, boy that vest sure smells good. The boys seem to be disappointed, they are not happy campers, I don't think that they are going. I feel so bad for them, ( not). As we went out the door, choc started calling me names and they were not very nice, he sure is mad about not going. Dad loaded his stuff in the truck and I am waiting around back to get in, he called me to get inside the cab, wow, this is great, I can see where we are going and sit next to dad. We headed up the same road as the other day, this time I can see everything. At the top we turned right instead of left and parked the truck, there is a locked gate so this is as far as we can drive. Dad made me stay in the truck while he got his gun out and put his vest on, I got to go pee, hurry up dad. Whew, made it, OK off to the hunt. Dad is staying down on the road and I am working the open hill above him, I could tell that there had been birds here but just can't find them. After about a mile we came to a fork in the road and we took the road that went up the hill and into the trees, it's a lot cooler in here, I am about 40 yds in front of dad and noticed that he sat down, wonder what he is doing, better go check. Dad gave me a drink, took one for himself, and we started out again. I need to kept track of him as I don't want him to wander off and get lost, I think I will check back with him every so often. We started down a steep hill and dad is having problems getting down, I smell a bird, where is that coming from, OK I have it, up here a little ways further, slow down, there it is, it sees me and is holding , afraid to move and thinks its invisible, it may be to some but not to me. Ok dad anytime now, I can't hold this forever, where is he at, oh crap, what is he doing over there, dad I am over here, no, you are going the wrong way, I think the bird is getting a little nervous, its moving , there it goes, right toward dad, he sees it but didn't shoot, now he sees me, great, but a little late, I need to put a beeper on him. We walk back to the truck and I walk by dads side. I sure am liking this grouse hunting, hope we do more.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny Rodger. I reckon sometimes we need a bell on at least.
    Maybe that makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete